RAM KRISHNA SINGH

Collects all of my published poetry books. Also provides an uptodate view of my poetry, especially haiku and tanka.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Govindpur, Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India

Ram Krishna Singh is an Indian poet and academic, whose main fields of interest consist of Indian English writing, especially poetry, and English for Specific Purposes, especially for science and technology. Born on 31 December 1950 in Varanasi, India, he has authored more than 160 research articles,170 book reviews and 45 books. His works have been anthologized in over 150 publications. Dr Singh's poems have been widely translated and explored in several M.Phil. and Ph.D. theses. Till recently,Professor of English at IIT-ISM, Dhanbad,he is now happily retired and pursuing his literary interests.

Friday, November 22, 2013

QUAKES IN ELEMENTS



She trusts her reading of my horoscope
and predicts a comfortable future

even as I know my  toothache
now means the fall of my teeth
and anal bleeding  means sure surgery

my dying libido is as uncomfortable
as the dream of humans sleeping on the ceiling:

their flattened naked back amuses me
who knows who’ll fall first?

before I wake up I try to gauge the selvage
of restless lines, moon, saturn and venus
conspiring new challenges
for the quakes in my elements

it’s already mid-November
and the bouts of bronchial allergy
tell of the cycle of incarceration:
her moving lips are no soporific



--R.K.Singh

1 Comments:

Blogger Gwil W said...

An 8+ tremor and a series of aftershocks on the Richter Scale RK! Miserablis magnifico.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home