RAM KRISHNA SINGH

Collects all of my published poetry books. Also provides an uptodate view of my poetry, especially haiku and tanka.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Govindpur, Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India

Ram Krishna Singh is an Indian poet and academic, whose main fields of interest consist of Indian English writing, especially poetry, and English for Specific Purposes, especially for science and technology. Born on 31 December 1950 in Varanasi, India, he has authored more than 160 research articles,170 book reviews and 45 books. His works have been anthologized in over 150 publications. Dr Singh's poems have been widely translated and explored in several M.Phil. and Ph.D. theses. Till recently,Professor of English at IIT-ISM, Dhanbad,he is now happily retired and pursuing his literary interests.

Monday, July 27, 2015

IN MEMORY OF DR APJ ABDUL KALAM

It saddens me to learn about the passing of a dedicated, committed, selfless poet statesman, Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. It was thrilling for me to meet him at Rashtrapati Bhawan along with another poet technocrat friend, Dr Y.s. Rajan , the then CII's Principal Advisor, on 17 May 2005. It was a most memorable moment of my life to have interacted with him for about an hour about my poetry. I felt honoured when Dr Kalam said that he had been reading my poems, haiku, tanka and book reviews published in POET (Chennai), and he gave me the first copy of his latest collection, THE LIFE TREE, which had just arrived from Penguin, for my reading and review. In his passing, the Indian English Poetry has lost a great friend and supporter, who encouraged 'new' voices everywhere. For admirers of the ex-poet President of India, it's now time for 'haiku silence', as his close associate, Dr Rajan would say.

--R.K.SINGH

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

A moving tribute.

a man I admire
admires my poems . . . I stand
hatless in the rain

3:49 PM  
Blogger  Ram Krishna Singh said...

Thanks Bill for adding to my tribute: You and I have the same feelings for the great man.
R K

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home